Monday 15 October 2012

80's Make up gets a thumbs up from me! POW!


I must confess, I'm quite a lover of the 80's; the music, TV shows, Viennetta and most definitely the fashion of colour clashing casuals, double denim and embellishment, so I was overjoyed when Marie Claire asked me to work on their Vintage Girls shoot for their November issue and recreate an 80's looks for Rag and Bow lady herself, Hazel Holtham and what a face!  On first meeting Hazel I was assured an 80's look of strong eyes and lips would suit her, after all its not for everyone.  I was struck by her eyes, they were reminiscent of Dee Cee Lee with a little Sade thrown in for good measure and maybe a touch of Sister Sledge too.


For this look to carry the 80's vibe, the lips still have to be strong, defined and two tone.  I chose a deep plum shade to outline the lip shape with Chanel Autumn Lip Definer in Amarante then careful swipe of Glo Minerals GloLipstick in Aubergine (avoiding the centre of the lips)


A warm dusky copper gloss #227 Chanel Levres Scintillantes daubed to the centre of Hazel's lips for shine and a dazzling, glimmer finish.  For an alternative finish I could have used Hourglass Extreme Lip Gloss in Reflect for a more dramatic effect!
The big difference between the make up those few decades ago is the textures, formulas and shades  which is why this make up appears really modern and even better news deep, dark eyes and lips are IN this season, what luck!
High five!
To see the shoot in all its glory get to your newsagents now for the November issue of Marie Claire.



No comments:

Post a Comment