Thursday 15 December 2011

Rare Beauty Treat: Ar457 Elixir Metaserum


I love a rare find and this has to fit into a category as one of those beauty products you wish you'd had when you first begun using skincare as I am convinced I would be able to stand the test of time.  I tend to by pass packaging but no doubt, this is beautifully designed, light to carry and unfussy.   Ar457 Elixir Metaserum is a highly concentrated, powerful serum heaving with active ingredients such as Argan Oil, very much the buzzword in beauty over the past few years and a long time loved oil in many parts of Africa and the Middle East, lucky them. 
I have had this in my bathroom since the beginning of the summer and since I've been overwhelmed testing so much skincare I really had little time to put this through its paces, until now.  Branded as the 'do-it-all' elixir as it also tends to blemishes, dry nails and hair it does seem too that a little goes a long way. 


You'd expect this to feel oily and as heavy as Argan Oil but no, it has the quality of something a little like honey in appearance, without the stickiness and once a few drops are smoothed over skin, it gleams and sits a little, which I just love in this wintry weather, as my skin feels protected.   As you can see from the image above it adds a glow and can be worn alone, at night too, though I have experimented a little by mixing a few drops with daily moisturisers, a light-weight formula, Skin Science Bio Active 24hr Protective Complex Cream
 and Dior's Hydra Life Pro-Youth Protective Cream SPF 15, a rich cream where both appear to benefit by an all day radiance and hydration. 
A rare find that is Ar457Elixir Metaserum does carry a hefty price tag, approx £78, though saying this I believe it is a good, economical investment seeing as you need only a few drops for every use.  I'm in!

No comments:

Post a Comment